DevOps Engineer at Binary.com
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development and operation of our high-traffic web applications.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will have a critical role in our approach to our infrastructure and operations. The stability and scalability of our applications have a direct impact on our bottom line. This means that you will be taking on a mission critical role.
To excel, you must demonstrate a passion for open-source technologies. You must also have a burning desire to challenge yourself in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with a team of world-class, Linux-based Devops Engineers
- Translate the ongoing business needs of the company into a suitable IT infrastructure
- Monitor hardware and software deployment, including our worldwide network of servers and office networks
- Oversee incident responses for our production servers
- Take necessary measures to correct and enhance IT operations
- Manage security, intrusion detection, DDoS protection, and PCI compliance measures for each deployed server
- Conduct disaster and recovery planning, as well as their execution
- Improve our automation (Chef, etc.)
- Keep our infrastructure up-to-date with current cutting edge developments
- Expertise in cloud solutions and infrastructure virtualization, including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and KVM
- Experience with Linux and open-source applications such as rsyslog, DHCP, iptables, Postfix, NGINX, and initialization systems such as systemd and SysVinit
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking, VPNs, and IPsec
- Knowledge of hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection methods, security systems, and DDoS protection
- Thorough knowledge of bash scripting, and experience with the Perl scripting language
- Experience in Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
- Experience in site reliability engineering (SRE)
- Experience in managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations
- Experience designing and working with high-availability web service architecture
- Experience in application containerization